Recipe: Mushroom Risotto
This is an ultimate comfort meal and an easy recipe to prepare at home. It is a rich and creamy mushroom risotto recipe made with the specialist Italian short-grain rice, parmesan cheese, white wine, and mushrooms.
- 100 g Aborio risotto rice
- 1 Shallot
- 25 g butter for Sauté
- 5 stalks of fresh Thyme
- 60 ml white Wine
- 200 ml Chicken stock
- 40 g Parmesan cheese – finely grated
- Handful of Parsley, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Optional: 3-4 Buttom Mushrooms for frying
- Wash the rice in a container with cold water. Change the water 2-3 times.
- Peel and finely slice the shallots.
- Separate the thyme leaves and discard the stalks. Finely chop the time leaves.
- In a small pot, add the butter and Sauté the shallots and thyme until they are translucent but not brown.
- Add the rice and stir regularly until the rice is heated throughly and becomes partially translucent.
- Add wine and let it absorb into the rice, stiring regularly.
- Add 50ml of stock and let it gently simmer until absorbed into the rice, stiring regularly. Add the next 50 ml until all the stock is absorbed.
- Taste a grain of rice to check it is cooked. The grain should be soft but with a firm center.
- If the rice requires more cooking, add an additional 20ml of liquid (prefrably stock, but also wine or water) and let it absorb before tasting another grain.
- Add the cheese and parsley and stir in. For an extra creamy risotto, add 25g butter too.
- Season with salt to taste and lemon juice
- Optional: Garnish with pan fried mushrooms and parmesan wafers