WSET® Level 2 Award in Spirits
The tremendous growth in boutique spirits and liqueurs around the world is driving unparalleled innovation in the cocktail and bartending world.
The WSET® Level 2 Award in Spirits helps build the foundation of knowledge to understand this dynamic industry. In this intensive course, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the most important spirit and liqueur categories; how they are produced and how they can be used as beverages and transformed as cocktails.
This course is ideal for people who wish to work in bartending, restaurant service and cocktail roles as well as those working in retail or wholesale sales. It also offers valuable professional development for people working on superyachts, in hotels and in hospitality.
You will learn about the characteristics that define the principal spirits and liqueurs, develop an understanding of the major international brands as well as new trends. You will learn how to make informed recommendations to customers or clients to meet their taste, quality and price requirements.
The examination consists of 50 multi-choice questions and comes from WSET in London.
This programme includes a practical cocktail session where you get to put your theoretical knowledge into practice.
- The international spirits market: leading brands, styles and influencers
- Production methods
- Brandy, Cognac and Armagnac
- Whisky and Whiskey
- Gin and other flavoured Spirits
- Liqueurs and fruit spirits
- The sale and service of spirits
- You will learn the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits
Registration Deadline: 10 days prior to the course commencement.
- WSET® Level 2 Award in Spirits
- Aged 18 or over
- Recommended IELTS 6 or Upper intermediate level of English