Recognition of Prior Learning Pathways
The Recognition of Prior Learning Enrolment Pathway (RPL) allows prospective students to use relevant industry work experience to satisfy the entry requirements of higher level NZQA courses that they would not otherwise be eligible for.
The following courses are eligible for the Recognition of Prior Learning Enrolment Pathway (RPL):
For a student to be considered for enrolment through the Recognition of Prior Learning Enrolment Pathway (RPL), you must meet the following conditions:
- Hold relevant industry experience:
- For entry to the Certificate in Cookery Level 4, you must provide evidence of at least six months paid employment in commis chef, kitchen hand or similar positions
- For entry to the Certificate in Hospitality & Event Management Level 5, you must provide evidence of at least six months paid employment in waiter/waitress, bartender, barista or similar positions
- Provide a CV or Resumé that summarises your relevant industry experience and provide supporting references
- Attend an interview
- If required, attend practical skills assessments
- If required, be prepared to attend afternoon, evening or weekend classes to achieve the required skills or theoretical knowledge in addition to your enrolled classes. Additional fees may apply. This will be discussed with you on an individual basis during the enrolment process.
This is a discretionary enrolment pathway and NZSFW reserves the right to decline enrolment to potential students through this pathway regardless of their relevant industry experience. Students may choose to enrol through the standard enrolment process listed on the course page.